A space online that will provide widespread access to the teachings of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, while respecting the sacredness of these teachings and safeguarding them.
CHELA means “disciple.” CHELA would be a portal for the study and practice of Chögyam Trungpa’s teachings. We are seeking seed funding of $49,000.
Help us establish a place that welcomes everyone to study, practice and appreciate the dharma teachings and legacy of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche.
- To design, develop, implement and maintain the online library to make available the original teachings of Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, in audio, transcript and video format, along with photographs and other supporting documents.
- To complete digitization of existing transcripts.
- Secure seed funding of $49,000.
- Secure partners to launch the website and online repository.
- USING CHELA TO TRAIN FUTURE STEWARDS: The process of correcting and creating digital transcripts would be a training ground for new transcribers and editors.
- To raise funds to launch CHELA, leading to the Chögyam Trungpa Electronic Library and Archive becoming financially sustainable through a combination of viable management, ongoing donations, membership subscriptions, downloads, and sales of related products.
- To reach the widest possible audience for the teachings of Chögyam Trungpa and to provide links to additional resources, such as webinars, home study curricula, discussion groups and other online resources for the growing audience.
- To create broad links and partnerships with other dharma organizations and with other teachers to encourage a “web” of Western dharma teachings, of which CHELA would be a part.